- FREE Choice. The child is free to choice those materials or "jobs" he or she wishes and is ready for.
- Classes are not set up by age or ability.
- The child is free to move about the classroom.
- Montessori materials develop the child's ability to use all their senses.
- Montessori curriculum teaches concepts using concrete materials. It includes math, language, geography, botany, and science.
- Montessori materials are self-correcting.
- Children are not interrupted by teachers in the classroom.
- Montessori materials are organized in a sequence.
- Montessori emphasizes cooperation rather then competition.
- Montessori children teach each other.
- A child may choose to work with a job as long as he or she likes.
- Montessori materials provide opportunities for learning a variety of concepts in a single task or job.